Areas of Practice
Justina specializes in corporate and commercial work. Her main areas of practice are in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and investments, private equity deals, corporate restructuring, financing and securitization. Her work also encompasses advising on the acquisition and disposal of commercial real estate, the formation of companies and corporate secretarial matters and providing general corporate advice to companies across a broad spectrum of industries and areas, such as advice on distributorship and licensing arrangements, employee share option schemes and directors’ duties and liabilities.
Justina also has extensive experience in advising on employment and labour law, privacy law, environmental and work safety, consumer rights and liabilities, wills and personal estates.
Her transaction experience includes:
• Sale of mining business across 2 jurisdictions between a listed company and a Belgian multinational.
• Sale of branding and public relations company to French multinational in the branding and advertising sector.
• Sale and leaseback of 2 industrial properties, collectively valued in excess of S$120 million.
• Sale of shares and shareholders agreement in local start up to global leader in the business of online brand intelligence services.
• Advising on banking facilities in excess of S$50 million and security documentation for parties in the industrial REIT space.
• Undertaking a regulatory review in the areas of work health and safety compliance for a major global bank.
She has been seconded on various occasions to various multinational corporations as well as a listed company for various project work.
Her contributions and publications include:
• Author and contributor to Lexis Practical Guidance, Employment Chapter - Recruitment Best Practice.
• Co-authored and contributed the chapter on “Company Law” to the 2011 publication by Singapore Association of Women Lawyers (SAWL) known as “YOU & THE LAW”
• Co-authored and contributed chapter and updates to the Singapore Chapter of “World Online Business Law” (Ocean Publications, Inc., New York) up to 2010
• Contributor to the Singapore chapter for online resources and publications by TRACE International, a non profit anti-bribery/corruption association
She undertakes pro bono work for free legal clinics whenever possible.